Aerocet® Model 5850 Straight Floats
The deHavilland Beaver is a classic in it’s own right. Paired up with Aerocet® 5850 floats, it quickly gains legendary status. Do yourself a favor. Do your Beaver a favor. Fit it with the best.
Take a look at the composite construction that defines our floats as the strongest, lightest, and best looking. Our hardware assures you of the strongest fit and easiest installation.
P/N: Aerocet 5850 Kit
- By far the most technically advanced floats in the history of aviation
- Proven to be the most useful load in the industry.
- Infusion composite construction process allows these larger floats to weigh in at less than smaller floats that have less displacement.
- Extra flotation and no extra weight or speed penalty, for increased safety at gross weight.
- Clean floats and aerodynamic rigging gives a cruise speed increase over other designs.
- The most forgiving floats for novice and pro alike.
- Very slippery – minimal sensation of acceleration is felt after leaving the water.
- Getting on the step is reached very quickly to get you off the water and into the air fast.
- Double-fluted design delivers superior strength to weight ratings.
- Molded-in boarding steps.
- Sharp edges for reduced drag and increased hydrodynamics.
- Best design for performance in both rough water and smooth water conditions.
Built to Last
- No corrosion like with aluminum based floats.
- No rivets, means no rivet leaks.
- Common aerospace carbon fiber and simple easy-to-use vinyl ester resin.
- Non-sandwich bottom skin, makes any field repair an easy process.
- High impact sandwich core used on top and sides adds durability and strength
- Six Watertight Compartments
- No large holes for rudder controls (causes easy flooding).
- Large access panels with integrated preflight pumpouts that use all stainless hardware.
- Four large storage lockers with super large access doors, useful for enhanced CG control.
- Optional floorboards for flat storage.
- Stout attach fittings for “up gross” strength
- A mechanics delight for installation, a simple and complete kit
- All fittings swaged to fit
- Extensive use of anticorrosive 300 stainless steel throughout
- Aluminum keel wear strip that is rugged and easily replaced.
- Special aluminum chine rub strip designed to resist constant abrasion and provides another seam overlap.
- New extrusion design with internal shear web.
- Impervious to crushing under forklift and clamping loads.
- Simple, high strength, lightweight spreader bar socket with integral grease fittings.
- Simple external rigging
- Utilizes large stainless tiller posts
- No rubber seals to crack and leak
- No deck cables and turnbuckles to trip on
- Maximum maneuverability with large rudders
- Very positive steering-effective for rivers and wind